Saturday 18 June 2011

Succubus Revealed: UK cover

I was browsing on Goodreads tonight, and I remembered how I wrote a blog post about Succubus Revealed and how we only knew what the US cover looked like, also about how we still didn't have a clue what the UK cover looked like. So, on a whim I looked up the book on the website and there it was. Two new covers on Goodreads. One for the UK and one for Germany, aswell as the original one for the US.
This is the UK cover, I personally think it is a vast improvement on the cover they have for the US. And you also have to admit that the woman on this cover has more of a likeness towards the Georgina Kincaid we've read about in Richelle Mead's books, than the blonde that is shown on the US cover did, and she looks more gorgeous aswell, definitely Succubus material!!
The next cover I'm going to be showing is the German cover, and I honestly laughed out loud when I saw it, it's worse than the US cover. *Giggles*
 Ha-ha! You see what I mean.
I'm not sure if I really believe this is going to be the cover for the Germany edition. I actually think it's a prank, I mean seriously it doesn't even look real. What do you think? Is it a fraud? 
Plus to me it seems to be giving off this religous vibe, it's too artistic. Also this just doesn't seem to be the typical picture you'd use for a book based on a Succubus, who has a close group of friends who just so happen to be a couple of Vampires, an Imp, a Demon and an Angel. 
It just doesn't make sense, and it's just awful.
So right now I'm extremely happy and proud to be a member of the UK in this moment, I think we always have the better looking covers or at least equally tie with the US, but not in this case apparently because ours definitely rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment