Thursday 23 June 2011

Bloodlines: UK cover


I honestly thought that we were going to be getting the same, or at least a similar cover for Bloodlines as the US got. Except today I found out that the UK cover just got released, and that it definitely was not going to be like the US cover!
Here it is:
   
*Sighs*  I honestly don't know what to say, we normally get the really great book covers, but this... this is not quite what I was expecting. At all. And I really hate to say this, but it's soo awful.
I think I had a similar pattern to this on my school bag when I was in secondary school. I hated that bag!
Why couldn't we have the cover with Sydney and her little boy-toy on it? Huh? It's just like when Last Sacrifice was released and the front cover was completely changed from the previous five books, so that it stood out, in the wrong kind of way.
It occurs to me now that I've been writing quite a few Richelle Mead related blogposts, and in the last post I wrote I bragged about how we almost always got the better looking covers. I jinxed myself, and now were stuck with this. Oh well, not much to do about it now, unless I buy the US book and just pay the ridiculously prices international shipping fees, all because of a book cover gone bad. 
No. I won't do it, I think that'd be worse than being vain. Plus as the saying goes 'never judge a book by its cover', but good it's going to be hard. Ha-ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment