Saturday 5 November 2011

Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks

Safe HavenSafe Haven by Nicholas Sparks

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This is such a beautiful bordering on tragic love story, and when I read the back of this book I wasn't quite expecting the two reluctant relationships to be like this...

Katie is such a strong character, she is completely lovable and even though at the beginning she kept mentioning about not letting her guard down... well in my personal opinion she didn't really try too hard to keep it up. When she got drunk, she completely caved and explained the main part of her secret to her neighbour, though she was talking about her 'friend' *eye roll*.

I'm definitely glad that she did lower her guard though, it wouldn't have been much of a story eitherwise. I also love that Alex and Katie fell in love so quickly, but still didn't do anything stupid like rip each others clothes off on the first date. *Laughs*

There's only one reason I didn't give it 5/5 stars, and that's because of the ending. If you've read this you know what I mean.
Jo.
I wanted to scream when I read it, it was so beautiful with the letter and everything, and then this train wreck happened. It was completely unbelievable. Literally.

Other than that, it was amazing. Just like many other books the Nicholas Sparks has written. We all know and love them, so don't deny it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment