Monday 4 July 2011

Hunting Human by Amanda E Alvarez

I'm so desperate to get my hands on this, but sadly it's only available for download on kindles or eReaders! Arrghh it's so cruel!
I've read an excerpt of this on goodreads, this is the link:
http://www.goodreads.com/reader/11042-hunting-human?percent=1.67701 - If you read this then you'll understand why I'm completely addicted, it's only a short read but it's left me wanting more.
For two years, Beth Williams has run from the past, and the beast that dwells inside her. She is haunted by memories of
being kidnapped and the savage attack that killed her best friend. Now Beth finally thinks she's ready to move on...with
Braden Edwards, a charming, irresistibly sexy man who tempts Beth to embrace the present.
But the past lurks closer than Beth realizes. Markko Bolvek, one of the werewolves who kidnapped her, has tracked her
to Portland, Oregon, his pursuit fueled by a hunger for vengeance. Only Braden, a werewolf himself, senses the danger
shadowing her steps. The Edwards and Bolveks have been enemies for centuries—and despite the instant connection
he feels with Beth, Braden isn't sure which side of the war she's on.
With suspicion at odds with their attraction, Beth and Braden must learn to trust one another to stop Markko for good.
Can Beth accept the wolf within—and love a man who embodies everything she fears?

Oh my god, it sounds so amazing! I'm actually contemplating buying a kindle just so I can read this, otherwise I may never get too. Does anyone have any idea if this is ever going to make it into paperback form? If so please let me know!
I actually managed to get in touch with Amanda E Alvarez who is the author of this spectacular book, and I told her about how much I wanted to read this book and I asked her if she knew if it was ever going to be available to those who don't have kindles or eReaders and such. This is what she replied.
Hi Jess, 
Unfortunately, right now Hunting Human is only available as an eBook and I don't control when or if that may change, only the press does.
You don't have to have an eReader though. Amazon does offer Kindle for PC and Mac. I know reading on a laptop isn't ideal for everyone, and I'm sorry it's the only option I have available to you right now.
Thanks so much for the interest in the book! I hope you get a chance, at some point, to read it.
 
:) Amanda
I know it sounds kind of ridiculous but when she replied I was in complete awe that she actually wrote back, I know that's what I wanted but I think a part of me believed that she wouldn't.
If anyone has actually read Hunting Human, please leave a comment and tell me what you thought about it.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jess,

    Thanks for such a lovely shout out! Unfortunately, I still don't have any idea if or when Hunting Human will make it into paperback... I wish I had better news for you.

    :) Happy reading! (And I do recommend the Kindle - I'm totally addicted.)

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete